The March/April 2014 issue of Family Chronicle has several interesting articles:
- "Dial G for Genealogy" about the evolution of phone numbers, and how their format can give clues to dating old documents like a business card or newspaper article. Phonebooks too can be a valuable source of information from the past.
- Here's a gift idea from Janice Nickerson: have a custom jigsaw puzzle made from old family photos!
- George C. Morgan makes the case for "Case studies and why you should read them"
- Debra Karplus has advice for "Canadians exploring their Jewish roots"
- In "Genealogy and your baby" we learn about the new field of genetic counseling, which uses genealogical information to recommend testing for susceptibility to certain diseases or conditions
The Dennis Historical Society Newsletter for March/April has an amusing story about being called out at midnight on Christmas Eve to fortuitously discover a leak at the Rose Victorian. It was written by our esteemed late member Burton N. Derick, and the May issue of the Newsletter carries his in-depth obituary.