The Brewster Center's permanent onsite microfilm collection numbers nearly 600 rolls. A sampling includes: English vital records, Irish censuses, Mexican gazetteers, Scottish vital records, and Maine church records. You can find a complete printed listing of all films in the permanent collection at the CCGS Genealogy Library and at the Family History Center itself. In addition, you can search the FamilySearch Catalog and then order your selection through the Brewster Center.
The Brewster Family History Center's online access includes the following subscription sites that are available for use by visitors:
- Genline.com - Swedish Church Records Archive from 1500 - 1860. Also information from 1860-1900 from Statistics Sweden (SCB).
- 19th Century British Newspaper Archive - Digital images from Brittish Newspapers 1800-1900.
- Godfrey Memorial Library - Online access the Godfrey genealogy databases.
- Civil War Records from Alexander Street Press - Letters, diaries, records, histories, and photographs from the American Civil War.
- Footnote.com - Original documents from American history.
Hours are Tuesday and Thursday 9-1. The Brewster Family History Center is located at 94 Freeman's way in Brewster, MA. It's best to call ahead at 508-896-9863. There is no fee, and the Center is wheelchair accessible.